Friday, October 26, 2012

Weary Mom? What's all the hub-bub?

If you have been on Twitter, Facebook, or any other social media outlet, you have had to have seen something about this book called, "Hope for the Weary Mom. Where God meets you in your Mess".  The new expanded version released Tuesday, and in a two day event, over 26,000 ebooks were given away. Apparently Brooke McGlothlin and Stacey Thacker hit upon a nerve among women.  So what is the big deal?



When you look up "weary" it is defined as:
1: exhausted in strength, endurance, vigor, or freshness

2: expressing or characteristic of weariness

3: having one's patience, tolerance, or pleasure exhausted —used with of

 
I looked up this definition after I was included in group of women that were put together to help launch this book.  I began examining this list, praying over it, and meditating on it. Was this really how I saw mothering? Was my pleasure in my children exhausted; had my endurance been exhausted? Had I really gotten to this point?

Can I be honest? I really didn't like the direction I thought this was all going. Doesn't the Bible tell us not to grow weary? Aren't we supposed to run the race well? I began to believe this was going to be a group of women that sat around complaining about their children and husbands, and just commiserate over chocolate. I went ahead and picked up the book and began reading. And I began to see what Brooke and Stacey were wanting to share with all the Moms out there that were tired.


It's not about being weary. This book is about the HOPE.
"Sometimes, I want to run away. But if I turn away from Jesus, where will I go?"
That, my friends is the summary of the whole book. When you think you are weary, there can only be one reason. You are running from your HOPE!  It is in God, through God, and with God only we have the strength and HOPE for our days! It is in Him I have placed my hopes for my children. Him that carries my husband and I's hopes for our future.

This book is a beautiful place to start in your journey. It is the jumping off point to dive back into the presence of Jesus. At His feet will you learn. I loved being reminded where my HOPE was found.




You may purchase your own copy of this book, ebook or paperback, from Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment