Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I lost 16 inches

This is me. In October that is. With my husband, Heath. I have very long hair.

I have had very long hair for a very long time. But I felt the need for change. And the desire to do something that was more than me. So, in honor of my cousin, Nichol, I cut my hair today. And donated it to an American Cancer Society sponsored organization. It will take my hair, and hair from others and will make a wig for some of the most beautiful people I know.

This is me. Today. 16 inches shorter. Because I love you, Nichol.

Beth

This is what works for me!


Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. Love the haircut! What agreat way to give of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to share your blessing with another! My daughter is growing her hair out to do something similar, but I had never heard of this organization. Thank you for mentioning the place you donated your hair to as well.
    And, your hair cut looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Many gals in my church have done the same thing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE!! Beautiful ... and your momma is right ... Beautiful inside and out! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Beth! You are beautiful! Thank you so much for donating your hair to that wonderful organization! You have made a huge difference in someone's life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I'm a month late, but SUCH A CUTE HAIR CUT!!!!!

    Maggie has been asking every day to wear her twirl skirt! She wore it to school yesterday to "help" me work and the teachers loved it! I got tons of compliments... so thanks again!!!

    I hope all is well with you and yours! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I was just thinking about you today! I am going to make some curtains soon for my kitchen and dining room. It has been a while since I played on a sewing machine, but I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete