Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It's in the mail!

I just finished my first online pillow order! It has turned out to be absolutely adorable. I have been wanting to do a "cowboy" themed pillow for someone, and jumped at the chance when I got an email from my sister-in-law's friend. And when I went outside to take pictures, some of our neighborhood friends wanted to join in. I tried really hard to get both the pillow and horses in one shot, but they were too tall, I didn't want to poke holes in the pillow with the barbed wire, and if I got the pillow too close to the horses, they tried to sample it. So we'll settle for a shot of the three at the fence and then another one of the pillow. It was also very difficult to do all by myself, so just pretend my hand isn't in the picture. It was so very hot outside as well. I don't know, somewhere around 105 degrees or something like that.

The pillow went together with only a few mishaps. Things that just are an irritant, nothing major that would be of interest. And I'll leave you with one last picture. But if you are Savannah Smiles, and don't want to know what the pillow looks like until it arrives in the mail in a few days, then I'd stop reading at the end of this paragraph. For all the rest of you readers, isn't this the most adorable little boy pillow! What fun he can have playing and imagining with this!








I told you it was adorable!

5 comments:

  1. That looks amazing!! I know she will love it!! How fun. Hey, that "P" pillow I need ... in like three weeks for a wedding shower gift that I haven't told you colors on? Yeah, well, anyway, browns & creams with a little bit of lime green maybe? I'll call you but wanted to give you a heads up!! Love you oodles, bunches & gobs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great. What letter? And what kind of fabrics? home deco, textured, cottons, the possibilities are limitless! Wait until you see what I'm sewing for the giveaway! Can you give me the dates again? The date you need a picture by, and the date that I am posting on your blog. (That is just so scary to me!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops. Should have looked a little closer. Heath was signed in, not me. That really came from me, not him! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Savannah Smiles" peeked :-)! I love it! It is more beautiful than I could ever have imagined. Jaythan is going to be so excited! I can't wait to see your etsy store-I will be buying lots of Christmas and Bday gifts :-).
    Thanks so much for letting me be your first order :-). May God continue to Bless your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "P" is the letter. Need it by August 10th if possible. Price? I am thinking a bigger one like the one you made for that wedding gift. As for fabrics, probably the back at least should be a more sturdy fabric. Otherwise, I trust your judgment!!

    Giveaway to begin Monday, August 10th also. Will need a picture of items. Post from you for Friday, August 14th. Got it all?

    We'll talk when I get home from youth camp.

    ReplyDelete