Saturday, November 5, 2011

Day 6~ The trucks arrive.

Today, we began loading the trucks and trailers. It was a day of sweat, tears, and hard work.  It was not a day of smiles and sweet remembrances. We tripped over each other, weren't on the same page, and emotions were raw.

Once we got the loading rolling, things seemed to progress better.  We loaded three trailers up with stuff, and headed down the road.  One of the trailers carted off our old car. The other two were full of stuff. And there is more packing to finish. More to haul off, to donate, to store.  I laughing told a friend I was ready to find some matches for the things we have left. 

Tomorrow, we say good bye to our church family.  I can't even begin to express how hard that will be. I suppose emotions will remain raw for a while. Between good byes, no sleep, and walking into the unknown, we are going to learn how to deal when on edge. But I suppose that's for the best. If I trust God to take care of my reactions, what needs to be said will, what needs to be held silent, will not be uttered.

I am going to enjoy the extra hour tonight.  Probably not with sleep, but with an extra hour to pack, clean, work. 

Blessings to you tomorrow as you observe the Lord's Day. Even if it isn't a normal activity for you, seek out the Church House and discover what God has for you.

Beth

1 comment: