Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A day late


I'm a day behind. I wanted to do a post a day during the month of November sharing my joy. This is the month of thankfulness. Usually lost because we are all getting the jump on Christmas. (Trust me on this. I'm betting my tree is up in a week and a half.) Normally forgotten as we rush from here to there preparing for the "holiday season". Well, it got the jump on me. This is the busiest week we've had in quite a while. So I'm going to back up to yesterday, and post for it, then post for today. This is my month to be grateful.

November 1st~

This day, I am thankful for the breath I breathe. I am preparing food for a funeral dinner for a long time community member. I moved to the town after she was moved in with family, so I did not personally know her. But it was very important to those still here to bring her family back to our church and feed them. They are not surprised she is gone. This has been a long time coming. But they still miss her. And they told me, "don't take a moment for granted. It will be gone before you know it." I take my mornings for granted. I see them as drudgery. Trying to shake the cobwebs free. Not wanting to let go of slumber. Dreading putting my feet on the floor. Knowing that once I leave my place of rest, the headaches of raising a household will begin. I sleep late. I avoid getting up. I start my day behind and defeated. But not today. Today I welcomed joy back into my mornings. I let the Light of the Son back into my room. And I thanked Him for this day. This day He is giving me. This day to start anew. With new mercies. With His presence.

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment