Wednesday, November 3, 2010

November 3rd


Today I am so very thankful for a chance to teach my children. There are days I take that privilege for granted. And there is more to it than just my kids. We spend our days together as a family. No having to rush around to find family time. No looking at my kids wondering when was the last time I spent time with them. We are a unit. And we feel lost when one part is missing.


Plus, we get to determine what our kids learn. And then get to learn it ourselves. This year we are "mixing" our bible studies with history, and coming up with a wonderful time line. And then there is Latin. Whew. It's keeping me on my toes. Honestly, it's all Greek to me. But we're learning.


And lastly, there is fellowship. With other families. Families that don't look down on us for the number in our household. Families that celebrate each child, not just the first one or two. Ladies who laugh with and at me. Who think I have important things to attribute, and that I'm not "just a Mom". Children who accept my kids, and I don't have to worry about what they are teaching my children. Men who watch over their families. Care for them, provide for them. And pass those traits on to their sons.


I am truly grateful for our experiences as a homeschooling family. It just works for us.


Beth

2 comments:

  1. I, too, am thankful to be able to spend the days with my children. We homeschool as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth,
    I'm your newest follower from iFellowship! Thanks so much for linking up with us today!

    I love your blog! It's super cute and makes me think of my Mom. She's a seamstress as well! I wish I had listened when she tried to teach me to sew all those many years ago!

    I would love for you to come visit me if you get a chance - I know you're super busy - over at Living Above Ministries!

    Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete