Friday, November 5, 2010

November 5th

I'm going to get this one done "early" today.


Today, I am getting a day off. Since I am not at home, I don't have a to-do list staring at me. Sure, I'm working on laundry. And I need to make sure the kids aren't tearing my parents' house down. But I don't have any "have to's". No decorating. No sewing. No house keeping. No nothing. Granted, I enjoy these things. Mostly. But sometimes, after deadlines and multiple projects, you just need time off. Hobbies and such become work, and then they aren't enjoyable. They become a chore, and they don't relax the mind and spirit. So instead of sweating all the things I'm not doing today, or worrying about getting behind, I'm going to enjoy a day off. I might even spend the day playing video games with the kids. And I'm grateful I can.


Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment